Saturday, February 7, 2009

From another side of the world

Hi, I'm Mick Parker, one of the BOOK writers. I live in Spain on the Costa Blanca, near Torrevieja. Perhaps some of you may know the area. There are a lot of writers living here, and from time to time you get to know them one way or another. I usually write as Michael Parker, but for the purposes of 'hiding my light under a bushel', I prefer to be known as Mick by all the other writers who are contributing to this unique project; it makes it less formal, I think. We all have great hopes for our project, and although we know it will be tough, perhaps a little fraught at times, we all intend to see it through. At the moment I have just completed the first draft of the first chapter. This will be studied by the members of my 'cell', known as the 'Shipmates' and they can edit my narrative, pick holes in it or butter me up; whatever! But in the end we are all in it together and I am sure we will produce a novel that could be a world beater. Let us know what you think about this project and whether you would be tempted to buy the novel when it is published, as I'm sure it will be. As time goes by, and this blog gets added to, followers of the blog will learn more about the BOOK and the writers who live all over the world.

No comments: